The Department of Information Technology of BSIOTR was established in the year 2009 and is growing with flourishing computing facilities and dedicated faculty. The goal of the department is to nurture the students by polishing their talents so as to cultivate competency, responsibilities, and highly rewarding careers in IT profession and to portrait them as responsible citizens. To fulfill this goal our department has exceptionally motivated, dedicated, highly qualified faculty. The Department is also blessed with good infrastructure in order to cope up with the changing needs of technical environment. The Department has good synchronization with industry experts so as to bridge the industry- academia gap. The timely guidance provided to the students helps them meet the future expectations of the industry by enriching their knowledge and match the techno savvy world for a better career.
" To be a nucleus nurturing learner to cater current & future digital needs. "
1. Educating aspirants to fulfill technological and social needs through effective teaching learning process.
2. Imparting IT skills to develop innovative solutions catering needs of multidisciplinary domain.
- PEO1: "Graduate shall have the ability to exhibit excellence in professional career by demonstrating a positive representation of their brand."
- PEO2: " Graduate shall have the ability to learn latest trends coping present and future needs."
- PEO3:"Graduate shall have sense of social responsibility by balancing the emotional quotient and strengthening the personal traits. "
- PSO1: Apply appropriate technologies and employ suitable methodologies by managing the information technology resources of an individual or organization for betterment.
- PSO2: Anticipate the ever changing trends in information technology and assess the likely utility of new technologies.
- PSO3: Develop IT systems that would resolve issues related to socio-economic development and build the nation through digitization.
- PO1.Engineering Knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- PO 2.Problem Analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- PO 3.Design/Development of Solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations
- PO 4.Conduct Investigations of Complex Problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- PO 5.Modern Tool Usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- PO 6.The Engineer and Society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- PO 7.Environment and Sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- PO 8.Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- PO 9.Individual and Team Work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- PO 10.Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- PO 11.Project Management and Finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- PO 12.Life-long Learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and lifelong learning in the broadest context of technological change.